Stigmata of St Francis — Bartolomeo Della Gatta, c. 1487
The real St. Francis of Assisi was not a garden gnome…
Garden gnomes do not bear the Stigmata of Christ’s wounds.
A fresh look at a familiar saint: Francis of Assisi
…the saint emerges as a much more complex and complicated man than previously believed, tormented by interior demons, nearly overwhelmed by the challenges of governing a religious movement and troubled by self-doubt, yet still a shining figure of the transforming power of an encounter with the living Christ.
Pax et bonum!
- schera-ezade reblogged this from acatholicvibe
- 80465 likes this
- thoughyourheartisaching likes this
- acatholicvibe reblogged this from acatholicrose
- discipleofkreia likes this
- acatholicvibe likes this
- acatholicrose reblogged this from adaltaredei
- radioteopoli reblogged this from adaltaredei and added:
- goldenfeet reblogged this from amata-anima
- adaltaredei reblogged this from signum-crucis
- chestertonian likes this
- sonicsamantha likes this
- haveievermentioned reblogged this from amata-anima
- 3pmcatholic reblogged this from signum-crucis
- amata-anima reblogged this from signum-crucis
- signum-crucis posted this