Today is Monday in the Octave of Pentecost! Blessed Whitsuntide!
So important is this feast that we celebrate it for eight whole days. But the “Octave” is really considered one long day.
—Msgr. Charles Pope, Telling Time By the Catholic Church
Family: Alleluia, the Spirit of the Lord has filled the whole world. Come, let us adore Him, Alleluia.
Father: Let us pray. O God, on this day Thou didst teach the hearts of Thy faithful people by the light of Thy Holy Spirit; grant us by the same Spirit a right judgment in all things and ever to rejoice in His consolations. Through Christ our Lord.
Family: Alleluia, Alleluia.
Father: Send forth Thy Spirit, and they shall be created; and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth, Alleluia Alleluia.
Family: The Spirit of the Lord has filled the whole world, Alleluia.
Father: And He who embraces all things knows every spoken word, Alleluia.
Family: The charity of God is poured forth in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who has been given to us, Alleluia.
- occident reblogged this from adaltaredei and added:
- chaodee likes this
- awake-at-the-wall likes this
- sentinel130 likes this
- sweetandlovelygirl7 reblogged this from adaltaredei
- adaltaredei reblogged this from signum-crucis
- like-distant-thunder reblogged this from signum-crucis
- signum-crucis posted this